Life is still pretty crazy around here :)
Mom was supposed to come home on Friday but it was decided that she needed to stay for at least the weekend to make sure that her antibiotics are the correct dosages. We saw her yesterday and it seems that one of the antibiotics (the one that takes a few hours to run) is reacting with/against either her vitamin or pain medications and causes severe sweating, nausea and vomiting. BUT, this only happens in the morning. She gets the same.medication. at night and it doesn't bother her nearly as bad - just gives her cold sweats.
She called me this morning and said that she could come home today. She hadn't had her antibiotics yet (as of 10:30am) but also didn't take her vitamin, so she's hoping that it will decrease her reaction when she does get the medication. The physican assistant came in and said that with Dr. O and Dr. K (the other infectious disease specialist), they are trying to figure out how they can make her antibiotics so that she only has to go to their office once a day. She gets one antibiotic three times a day and the other twice a day (this is the one that makes her so sick).
All of the doctors have to get their ducks in a row and on the same page before she can come home. We still haven't heard about whether or not she a) needs a hospital bed and b) if she does, we don't know if the insurance will cover it.
I've been fighting a sinus/border-line migraine all morning and haven't done much. I'm still in my pj's and haven't done much more than get the recycling together. I'm going to cut out coupons in anticipation of a major grocery store trip very soon and do some dishes. Hopefully I'll hear from mom one way or another soon. I don't want to run any errands if I need to go get her but I don't want to just sit around if she's not going home today.
Ah, the joys of life ~
1 comment:
Bless your heart, it sounds like you have been dealing with a lot with your Mom.
Post a Comment