Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Some exciting news!

Mom called about 11:30 today and she's being discharged today, probably after dinner-ish time! She sounds very good, which I'm guessing is attributing to the fact that she's able to take a real shower today (she was waiting on the nurse when I talked to her) and she gets to go home :)

They have decided to switch her antibiotics..she will still receive two medications; however, each will only take a 1/2 hour to drip as compared to her last two (that she got this morning) that each took close to 3 hours to drip. She will get the new medications this afternoon (which is part of the reason why she can't leave - they need to see if she has a reaction and how bad/not bad it is). This will then require her to only go see Dr. O once a day for about 1 1/2 hours, which is SO much better than we initially thought! I'm excited too, since I will be taking her and will able to see Dr. O and the staff...and then I can find out if I'm supposed to have an appointment for this year - I can't remember if she needs to see me this summer or not. I'm guessing so, as I will need my viral load checked.

Right now, my sister is planning on getting mom home (less stops for mom and quicker to get home) but if that doesn't work (they have to move seats around in the van), then I will go get her with the Escape.

Meanwhile, on the homefront here, I need to call and get our lovely hairy dog a serious haircut. She looks like a lab for awhile, but she's comfortable from the heat and her allergies. I also need to call some roofing places to get some estimates on a roof replacement and I need to look at some college information tonight...and tomorrow, I will be calling the local university and then call the ISD (Intermediate School District) to get signed up to be a sub.

I also need to price mulch, pieces to fix our front railing, two possible doors for our front and back doors and two new screen doors. We're getting bugs in through the back screen door because it doesn't close right. Our front door is old (maybe even original to the house) and no longer fits right - it hasn't since we moved in. We have to literally body slam the door in order for it to close...it's not fun.

Anyone have thoughts on Lowes vs. Menards vs. Home Depot for service and prices and overall liking?

1 comment:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Glad your Mom is coming home.

Sounds like you are going to be on pretty busy gal.