I know, this is THE most you've heard from me in a long time...I just want to document what's going on with my momma :)
My dad just called and said that mom will NOT be going home today...or tomorrow...or probably not even Sunday.
Dr. O came in and said that the cultures are growing some icky stuff, so she wants mom to stay at the hospital and continued to be monitored until they can figure out exactly what dosages of the medications she needs. Dr. O is also pushing in our favor to have mom a) go home and b) to have a home health nurse come out and administer mom's medications :) More than likely, she'll go home on Monday but realistically she could also go home on Sunday.
Mom had mentioned yesterday that she had wanted to stay at the hospital a day or two longer until she felt better but that she also wanted to go home..but that she didn't want to be a burden. My dad told her that she was NOT a burden, but rather, this is just part of loving her :) Did I mention I adore my momma? She's spectacular !
Dad said that mom was upset because she was looking forward to going home but that she was also somewhat relieved to be at the hospital another few days.
She was heading to PT when dad talked to her; however, I think Caleb and I will head over there after his shift to visit. We're thinking if we go for just fifteen or twenty minutes and go when noone else is there, we won't overwhelm her. And I'm thinking about getting a balloon for mom's roommate (and a few for momma too!) - she's an elderly lady and kept oohing/aahing over the ones that my aunt sent my mom (we took them home so that we wouldn't have to deal with it today, when we thought mom was coming home).
So, that's the latest...
No comments:
Post a Comment