Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Divine Miss M

Our sweet, vivacious, sign-language lovin'-coloring obsessed-mini sweet pepper eatin' miracle girl turned

2 years old on Saturday.

Folks, we officially have a toddler.
And whoa, does she ever fit that title perfectly!
We had a party here at our house with about 20 of our family and friends.
The list originally included nearly 40 people and I'm honestly not sure what I was thinking when I did that because 20 people felt like 100.

Her party was nice - poor girl got overwhelmed and overstimulated about 1/2 through present opening and simply shut down. She did the same thing at Christmas. We are learning quickly that she has to do this on her time, her pace, her environment. I ended up opening up many of her gifts and we actually kept some aside for her to open the next day. Some guests were getting antsy because she wasn't opening gifts, so that's why I stepped in. M would come in and out from the playroom to investigate, but she was much happier cooking and playing babies with A and E than anything else. And really, who can blame her? 2 friends to play with AND balloons? SWWEET!!

M has been obsessed with Caillou lately and when we would ask her what she wanted for her birthday, she would tell us "Rexy".  Rexy is the treasured stuffed dinosaur that Caillou carries around with him. Everywhere. I looked online and couldn't find a stuffed replica of his beloved dinosaur, but we DID find a Gund T-Rex. 
It was love at first sight.
He's a dark green courdory material with a soft belly, soft spikes and is nicely stuffed so that he's able to sit up on his own. He's huge at 15 inches and I just feel in love with Gund brand toys. AMAZING!
She LOVES him, takes him EVERYWHERE and his name? T-Rex.
My kid is original to the max :)

The lovely Amber Yanovich from Amber Yanovich Photography was kind enough to spend the afternoon with us and take pictures so that I could enjoy the party and do things like cut cake and make homemade whipped cream for the hot chocolate bar. You can head over to her blog to see pictures of my sweet girl who was being an absolute stinker and didn't want to smile. She was obsessed with the chalk.
And that dang stool.

She brought her sweet girl who, at 6 months younger than M, makes my daughter look like a huge monster. M loved A and was determined to "save her" when A was crying during the mother-of-all-fighting-nap-marathons. Amber, your girl has got quite the set of lungs on her - I'm impressed! :) Thank you for taking time out of your weekend and bring A and celebrating with us, taking pictures and just hanging out. It was very nice!!

By the way guys, I still have 6 bags of mallows and nearly 30 bags of hot chocolate left - anybody want some?

No comments: