Monday, September 19, 2011

Giveaway and sick toddler

So, it has begun.
Moira was in daycare for 3 days, folks. 3.  1, 2, 3.
She came home early on Thursday because she wasn't feeling well and by Thursday night, running 103 fever. Doctor's appointment on Friday showed no infection but a very nasty head-strong cold. Doctor told us she should be better by Sunday, along with no fever. Call back on Monday if not any better.
Friday night until last night included little sleep for all 3 of us, vomiting, high fevers, severe congestion, gagging, refusal to eat or drink, mopey/over-tired/clingy/not-sure-what-she-wants toddler.
Woke up this morning to her struggling to breathe/wheezing because of her congestion, and immediately called the doctor.
After trying to collect urine (repeat of her ER visit back in March) and pleading to drink Pedialyte, the doctor came back (the nurse and I did all of the above), and discovered she has a nasty, nasty right ear infection.
Of course.
Poor girl is miserable and our hearts are breaking.
I was feeling low when I got on FB while she's napping until I saw that Eye Candy Details 1st Birthday Party, Guest Blogger and Giveaway was happening. Today. Right now. I could potentially win a GC to the talented Edible Details (GO. CHECK. HER. OUT!) shop for some amazing fondant wonderfulness. Seriously. It would make M's party in January that I'm planning now so that I don't freak out then, only I'm freaking out now...simply amazing. Yes, indeedy.
Oh why yes, I DID enter. With every chance I can :)

Here's hoping to healthier toddler and a win. I could use one today.

No comments: