Well, it's here.
Christmas.
Actually, it's Christmas Eve. But still.
It's here and I'm so not in the mood for it.
Maybe it's the hormones, the stresses of being pregnant, not having everything ready and not being able to do much about it.
Maybe it's that I'm lazy and I just don't want to deal with it.
But it doesn't matter because it's here. And I'm trying to convince myself that I need to be in the holiday mood - for my husband, my family, my daughter, myself.
Having holiday sweets, especially the fudge and puppy chow, does seem to help some :)
Today was supposed to be a day for my husband and I just to relax. Together. He didn't have to work and we were going to watch Christmas movies, drink hot cocoa, make glass candy, make homemade spaghetti sauce together, and just be.
Instead, he and my lovely lovely lovely unforgiving, unselfish father-in-law are upstairs melting the varnish off of the nursery floor by hand with a heat gun (so graciously lent by my dad early this morning) and a paint scraper. We rented a sander yesterday to sand the varnish off but the sander just melted the varnish onto the sander pads and rendered them useless. Poor Caleb was so incredibly frustrated last night and we were both near tears. It shouldn't be this difficult and it seems so silly to get mad about, but that's what was happening here. We thought this would be a semi-easy task. Instead it's been one flippin' headache after another.
Currently, I'm downstairs praying that this will work (they're going to try to sand the area they've already un-varnished to see if it will work with this type of sander or if they need to get a different type) and just waiting to hear the results. Caleb and my father-in-law are going to return the sander today so that we don't have to pay for an extra day and re-rent it next week when we can work on it more efficiently.
While downstairs, I'm watching Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back (the newer ones, Episodes 1, 2 and 3 were on yesterday all day and the older ones are all on today), snuggling with the kitty and watching my belly move. Everyone keeps telling me to cherish this time we have without Sprout because by next year, she'll be grooving and moving all over the place. And we are - very much so. I just can't wait to meet her and to see what she looks like and just hoping that we'll get everything done in time before she arrives :)
With that being said, I'm going to back to snuggling on the couch and wait to see what happens upstairs. It sounds like I should start making dinner around 4 so we can eat - I think we'll try to get to church for the 9:30 service. It's not too far and hopefully the nasty weather will hold off until we get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment