Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Update on Momma

Took mom to the hospital at 5pm tonight.
Her surgery was supposed to start at 7 but she wasn't taken back until 8pm. I was upset because she was so upset/worried/nervous/stressed before going back. Thankfully they gave her a dose (maybe two?) of the "happy" drugs, in addition to two medications for her upset stomach and two doses of pain reliever for her knee...which worked a bit. I left the hospital because I had not eaten anything since around 11am, was getting nauseated and exhausted.
Dad texted me around 9 and said that they had just paged him to let him know that surgery had started....2 hours late.
It's now nearly 20 minutes after 10 and no word from dad. I called my mom's close friend and my mom's older sister to let them know that at 8, they had taken her back...not knowing that surgery wouldn't start until 9. The friend has to work early, so I won't be calling them back tonight. My aunt wants a call back as soon as dad calls...hopefully she'll still be up.

I'm worried and tired and scared and worried.

Ugh...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh! Praying for your mom...please update when you find out how it went! Love you.