I'm exhausted today and I got up at 10 am! It's days like these that make me feel extremely lazy.
I am still fighting the migraine that took the vision out of my left eye on Friday (I get auras when the migraine is going to be a doozy). I usually take Imitrex through injection when the aura appears because if I don't, I'm in for it. On Friday, however, I didn't because I had already made plans to run a few errands and have lunch with my baby sister (who is 20 and taller than me!) while my mom had her antibiotic treatment. So, I took some Tylenol after the aura finally decided to disappear and have had an annoying and moderate headache ever since. I don't like to take the Imitrex if it's just a moderate headache (although I had major light sensitivity on Saturday and sound and light sensitivity yesterday) because that stuff knocks me out for a good 24 hours and then leaves me in a druken-like state for another 24 - 48 hours. It's not pretty.
Caleb and I went to see my mom yesterday (and the rest of my family!) and she's doing alright. She had a low-grade fever yesterday and today...and right now, they can't figure out why. She's getting bombarded with heavy-duty antibiotics, so I really can't see (and either can anyone else) how she could have an infection that would be causing the fever. Her incision sight is not red, swollen or draining, so it looks good. She may just have a "bug" - they drew blood yesterday and today to find out what is going on.
My uncle has cancer in his kidney, his ribcage and in his back, near his shoulder blades. He had a rough day last week, just handling with this new life-altering development. We should find out today or tomorrow about what exactly they are going to do - treatment plan, surgery, if any, etc. It's scary and I can only imagine how he and my aunt are feeling.
Caleb's grandfather is home now - he had some internal digestive issues that are hopefully now resolved. We're praying that he's on the way to feeling better.
Not a whole lot else going on right now... there are a few more things that I want to share, but I want to pray about it some more before I share.
Caleb is over at my in-law's trying to fix the brakes on my car - he just called and said that they haven't gotten the brakes off yet (he got there an hour ago) because they can't find the correct size of allen wrench. He and his dad, it sounds, are both frustrated. I'm concerned that they may not be able to get the brakes if the places close...I have NO idea where they would go (Auto Zone?) or what time any type of store like that closes. I'm thankful and incredibly blessed for my husband and his dad who is more than willing to help us out with mechanical and household stuff. We have had to call in an electrician (but it didn't cost anything) and are having to recruit roofers but other than that, our dads have helped out so much.
I guess I'll be eating dinner by myself tonight... tacos or cereal?
No comments:
Post a Comment