Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm slightly frustrated.

Over the last week and a half or so, I've developed nasty bone-tired exhaustion during the day, especially around 5 or 6 pm. The type of exhaustion where you seriously don't think know if you can function? Yeah, that type. I usually end up napping for an hour or two because I simply can't stop it.
Then after going to bed, no matter what time I go to bed, I have been waking up around 2 am and not going back to sleep until 4am or so, after my newly-found bathroom run. And because of being awake during the night, I've not been waking up until AT LEAST 11:30 or later.

When we went to the doctor on this past Tuesday, I talked to the doctor about it. He said I could take a 1/2 B-12 or 1/2 a Benadryl if the insomnia gets too bad. When I was there, it was also discovered that I've lost 3 pounds in a week (I had gone to the doctor the week before for some nasty cramping). The nurse asked the usual question: are you eating? are you vomiting excessively? Yes. No, not puking. So, I asked the doctor about it and he wasn't too concerned. He asked about my eating habits and drinking. He said as long as I continue to eat healthy(-ish...I'm still craving Kettle cooked chips but that's going away) and drink fluids, I'm alright.

So I came home and told myself that I would not nap unless I fell asleep standing up :) I've also stopped drinking fluids past 9 and although that has not helped the going to the bathroom, it has decreased the urgency :) Not napping has helped the insomnia and again, not drinking as much as late has also helped. I'm still sleeping until at least 10:30 -11:00 but I'm not sure what else to do about it. I feel like such a slacker for sleeping so long and I hate it. What I hate more is the comments - told to me by family that I think don't mean anything but it, but "Well, I wish I could do that" or "My work day is half over by then". Yeah, I know. It hurts.
Today, I woke up around 6:30 when Caleb left for work and didn't fall asleep again until 9, when I was watching the news. I just woke up around 11 when Caleb called from work.

I need lunch and try to eat...I'm hungry, I feel hungry but once I start eating, I don't feel very hungry. Last night, we got Wendy's chili because it sounded soooo good and I ate about a 1/4 of the large container, a few bites of fries and 1/4 of a burger. I did eat the Frosty and then ate a Cherry Cheesecake flurry later...but both of those caused serious stomach aches later.
Nothing really sounds good right now but I need to go eat something. Did anyone else experience this in their earlier weeks of pregnancy? Just curious. The doctor doesn't seem too concerned right now, so I guess for now I'm just curious to see if I'm weird or what :)


And on top of all of this, mom went in for her treatment yesterday and she had a really high heart rate. They made her stand up and took it again, and it was still high. So they sat her down and gave her additional fluids along with the medications and fluids she usually gets. Then, they sent her home with MORE fluids [she cried :( ] and told her that if it was still super high today, she's going back to the hospital. They didn't really tell her why and she was going to ask today if it was the medications (she just switched to a different antibiotics two days ago) or what. There are two doctors seeing her case - Dr. K and Dr. O. Dr. K told her that she had three more weeks of IV antibiotics. Dr. O, who I see and really like, said that yes she DID have three weeks and then she would be re-evaluated to see if she needed longer. They did a blood test earlier in the week and she still has bacteria in her blood stream. She will, no matter when she stops the IV treatment, be on oral antibiotics.

My mom is tired and sick... and sick and tired of feeling that way.

So are we.

No comments: