Sunday, June 14, 2009

Life has been crazy around here lately.
- My Pre-School graduated last Thursday and I bit my lip so hard (in attempts not to sob) that I bled. I am so proud of them and am going to miss them immensely. Seriously - they are a spectacular group of kids and I can't wait to see them as they grow up!

-We got news back from a high-head-honcho from our home warranty group in regards to our roof and electrical work..... they don't cover pre-existing ill-installed issues or flat roofs...both of which apply to our two leaking areas. SO, we are now going to have to look in getting yet another loan, this time a home loan. It is extremely unhealthy for us to have nasty wet wood and insulation exposed to our living space. And they are sending a new company (from GR) to look at our electrical work. We do need to call the home warranty company and triple-check that we will not have to pay another 50 dollar deductible in order to have this third company come and check things out.

- I haven't been feeling well lately - we're thinking it's due to stress....I've had a hard time sleeping at night and not feeling hungry. Today, though, we re-discovered that we had purchased some chocolate with peanut butter swirl ice cream (my absolute favorite type of "hard" ice cream) and for once, it's something that sounds good. Not the healthiest snack in the world but it tastes good.

-I'm teaching swim classes for the next two weeks (and last week, too) for a local university. It's been more draining on me than I remember it do be. I'm having to plan things out in more detail....lesson plans, if you will. My struggle is that I have 3 kids in the first session (in a class of 14) that are border-line ready for the next level. We have already moved one up and I was told on Friday that another was being moved up on Monday. The third child decided he was okay to move up next year and is comfortable in our class. This week, I add two more classes on in the morning, and I'm hoping they will go just as smoothly as last week's session.

-My mom is having her other knee replaced on June 29th -two years to the DAY of when she had her first knee replacement. I wasn't around much for the first knee replacement, as we had just discovered that I had lost our first baby. This time, though, I will be around to help once she gets home. In addition to this, we just found out that my dad has a bone spur inbetween his 6th and 7th (if I remember right) verterbrae and has to have immediate surgery. We're praying feverishly that God will bless us with a different surgery date other than the same week as mom's!

-Not a whole lot else going on - I've been lazy all weekend, fighting migraines and just all around yucky-ness. Yesterday, my lovely sisters and husband came with me to pack up the rest of my classroom and moved all of my stuff out. We came back here, unloaded, order a ton of pizza and watched TV. Caleb and I napped after the girls left and just laid around the rest of the night. Today has been much of the same - he's working on the laundry, I've been sleeping off and on due to a nasty migraine. I need to work on swimming lesson plans, checklist for swimming and finish up my preschoolers last assessments. :)

Yay for lazy weekends!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't replied to your comment until now! It's been a crazy few weeks for me. I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and I'm sorry for your losses. I am so glad you commented on my blog. I was so nervous coming out about my infertility and the support I've received has been wonderful! My prayers are with you! ~Abbie @ MyKayakSunset