Last week (on Thursday), Caleb and I embarked on a long journey up to the Upper Penninsula and Wisconsin so that I could be a part of one of my best friend's wedding. We left Thursday around 2 pm and got into Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan around 8 pm. We then left early Friday morning (around 7:45am) and got into Cornucopia, Wisconsin around 3:30pm. We had rehearsal around 5 and hung around the lodge afterwards.
The next day, my loving dear husband and I helped to decorate, arrange, rearrange, clean up and numerous other things before the wedding.
And then came the storm :(
The wedding was outside on a beautiful beach; however being that we were on Lake Superior and Michigan/Wisconsin weather is what it is, it rained. And it was cold. And incredibly windy. And we were in summery halter dresses and flip-flops. And we shivered. And we laughed and cried. We threw rocks in the lake as a sign of our love and dedication to them. The bride's mother wrote a beautiful poem to go along with it. It was amazing to watch and I hope the photographer got a great picture of it.
And my best friend got married.
Jeremy and Leah's Wedding - 7.19.08
The arbor they got married under? Her brother made that as a gift! They have a wooden porch swing that will hang under the arbor at their new house.
And my best friend got married.
The arbor they got married under? Her brother made that as a gift! They have a wooden porch swing that will hang under the arbor at their new house.
Then, we headed indoors for pictures because the flash wasn't working and honestly? I was truly thankful. When we got the formal pictures finished, one of the groomsmen had bought the groom a pack of 7 (one for each day of the week!) fake adhesive mustaches. The groom and his guys put on the attire and it.was.hilarious. So then the bride decided that we couldn't be denied any fun either, so....
We had a great time and are extremely happy for Leah and Jeremy. We love them both very much and are so blessed to have them as friends.
However, we were also elated when we returned home. There's nothing better than sleeping in our bed and using our own pillows, our own shower and relaxing together.
We figured out last night that we:
- Spent nearly 400 dollars in gas,
- drove 12 hours up and 13 driving back,
- put 690 miles driving up and 653 driving back down on the Escape- It drove like a dream!
- Listened to every CD we brought (25 or so) at least twice,
- drank coffee, pop and water until I swear my eyes were floating,
- munched on dried apples that smelled WEIRD, Pringles, wheat things, beef sticks, and cheese sticks. Which reminds me:
- On our trip back from Wisconsin, we head east into the UP but went a bit of a different way to get to the bridge, bypassing the Sault and cutting off nearly 45 minutes of our trip. So, on our way, we pass by two large establishments with large signs that read, "Beef - A - Roo". Before I can say anything, Caleb quickly pipes up and says, "Beef -A-Roo? I think no.". Maybe it was because I was exhausted or maybe it was that my brain had started to meltdown but I started laughing and couldn't stop. Anybody want to go out to Beef-A-Roo? Who knows? - Maybe it's really good beef.
- sang and laughed together.
I wouldn't have had it any other way. :)
And while my husband was taking pictures of the wedding, we got a shot of the flower girl sporting her own mustache during the toast/prayer :
No comments:
Post a Comment